The Best Little Blog in Cyberspace

Monday, October 19, 2009

BACK TO THE FRAY

I've been MIA for several months because posting became an act of futility with no prospect of improvement. Usually voices that speak out of whirlwinds spout violence or viable threats of moral insurgency. I'm afraid I speak with no more authority than a Fed-backed dollar.

One thing I know: Obama has gone too long without leading from the Left the near-instantaneous way Bush did from the Right--although, come to think of it, it was 9/11 that inaugurated and empowered him. Until then, he was adrift, waiting to serve all those Daddy Warbucks that helped him steal the election. That those same Big Daddys of Oil, Wall Street, and Warfare (or their surrogates) serve in the highest posts of the Obama Administration should give you some idea of just how little change there has been in Washington. Given the fact that we are in Phase One of the Second Great Depression, I'd have to say that our president has done a superb job of maintaining their comfort level. Phase Two--the coming collapse of the commercial real estate market--will strain Obama's envious abilities for accommodation and maybe even force him to realize who he is and act the part.

In any case, I'm back--to share poems, essays, news, whatever strikes my fancy. I hope to learn how to insert pix and music samples because you need to be rewarded for showing up here. Consider them door prizes given to everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home