The Best Little Blog in Cyberspace

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

By Way and byway of Introduction

My name is David Federman and, like most blog proprietors, I am very opinionated and believe I have the wisdom to save the world. For some time now, I have been considering taking up a soap box in the Hyde Park of Cyberspace and beginning regular transmissions on numerous subjects from politics and art to God and Mammon (sometimes spelled: Mammals).

But it won't always be blabbery. Occasionally, I will post pix and tunes that I am convinced will be beneficial to human life. Other times, I will lovingly type out poems and prose by writers like Wendell Berry, Robert Creeley and Jack Spicer whose work has kept me from taking the long swin to China. If this becomes a non-destructive habit, I'll try to organize events such as my unsuccessful Pentagon Exorcism of July 4th. When American is in danger of doing dangerous things like invading Iraq or bombing Iran, I'll publish related articles and petitions.

By now you might have guessed I'm a liberal. And you'd be right. Indeed, I'm a liberal who proudly remembers FBI visits to my father in the early 1950s. Maybe the world would be in better shape if I remembered visits from my father to them. But he spent most of that time hiding from the 1930s and hoping he could comfortably remain under the Democratic Party's then expansive Big Top. Alas, that Big Top is now a pup tent for former leftys who don't want to admit they've had a sect-change operation and are really Republicans.

In any case, good morning and welcome to The Best Little Blog in Cyberspace. When all else fails, drop in for reminders and remainders of American beauty and planetary sanity. We'll try to keep the premises neat and well-lit so that we can disguise our true purpose as a loading platform for the new Underground Railway. If nothing else, we intend to be an escape form the slavery of ignorance and the Nuremburg Rallies of Fox entertainment plebiscites such as "American Idol."

5 Comments:

  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger E. said…

    David,

    Congratulations, welcome, and thanks! It'll be nice to have a little online library of Federman-approved music and poetry to access again and again (rather than keeping your emails in my inbox or on my desktop and then deleting them en masse - with many pangs of regret - when things get too crowded).

    But please, no more denigrations of American Idol; I know it's all bread & circuses, but Idol is a kind of grand pablum that soothes a stomach upset by world events. Remember that overthinking taxes the Spleen, so it may benefit your overall health to watch a few episodes...

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger Tino said…

    Good choice Dave. This is the best way to continue in your endeavors.

    BTW, by what measure would you have deemed your Pentagon exorcism successful?

    Also, what happens if you don't pay your exorcist? You get repossessed!

    Cheers,
    Tino

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger Tino said…

    Good choice Dave. This is the best way to continue in your endeavors.

    BTW, by what measure would you have deemed your Pentagon exorcism successful?

    Also, what happens if you don't pay your exorcist? You get repossessed!

    Cheers,
    Tino

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger ammiel said…

    dear david federman,

    i encountered your blog totally by chance when looking for On the Debt My Mother Owed to Sears Roebuck so i wouldn't have to type it out because i wanted to send it to someone - then i saw your comments on AIPAC & realized you are a man after my heart - anyways, great to see such a champion of ed dorn's around. one of my students is just now finishing to edit & annotate ed's correspondence with amiri baraka/leroi jones from just the period of that poem (1959-64 - it's an absolute gas.

    with best wishes,

    ammiel alcalay

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger ammiel said…

    dear david federman,

    i encountered your blog totally by chance when looking for On the Debt My Mother Owed to Sears Roebuck so i wouldn't have to type it out because i wanted to send it to someone - then i saw your comments on AIPAC & realized you are a man after my heart - anyways, great to see such a champion of ed dorn's around. one of my students is just now finishing to edit & annotate ed's correspondence with amiri baraka/leroi jones from just the period of that poem (1959-64 - it's an absolute gas.

    with best wishes,

    ammiel alcalay

     

Post a Comment

<< Home